Keep the spirit of Mardi Gras alive all month long with this delicious Cajun dish!
The spicy mix of seasonings will warm you up during chilly March nights while the shrimp, kielbasa, and pasta conquer your hunger and fill you up after a long day. This hearty one-pot meal is quick and easy to prepare and leaves little clean-up, so you can make it during the week after work or on the weekends for entertaining guests – the PASTAbilities are endless!
- 1 lb. linguine
- 3 tbsp. butter, divided
- 2 ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning, divided
- 1 lb. peeled and deveined large shrimp
- ½ c. diced yellow onion
- ½ c. diced green pepper
- 1 lb. kielbasa sausage, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ c. chicken stock
- ½ c. heavy cream
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Cook the linguine in boiling water according to the packaging, until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat 2 tbsp. butter, then mix in 1 ½ tbsp. Cajun seasoning.
- Add in shrimp. Cook until they turn pink, turning to cook evenly on both sides.
- Remove shrimp from pot and set aside. Add the rest of the butter and stir until melted. Add the diced yellow onion and green pepper.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onion is translucent. Add in kielbasa sausage and cook for another minute, then add minced garlic, salt, Cajun seasoning, red pepper flakes, and dried thyme.
- When everything is cooked through and mixed well, pour in chicken stock and heavy cream. Mix well and cook for about 3 minutes.
- When the sauce is thickening, add the shrimp and pasta back in the pot. Mix until everything is well-combined.
- To serve, sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Share this article: