The American Flag turns 242 years old this year!
Do you know how to properly care for and display the symbol of our nation?
Here’s a quick refresher:
- Display your flag from sunrise to sunset.
- If your flag is up at night, it must have light shining on it.
- It’s ok to take your flag down if the weather is bad.
- Your flag should never touch the ground — or anything else below it — when hung.
Caring For Your Flag:
- Have it cleaned regularly. Laundries and dry cleaners may clean your flag for free; be sure to ask!
- Never put it away wet.
- Damaged or worn-out flags should be burned and properly disposed of.
Share this article: