We may be in the home stretch of summer, but there’s still plenty of time to enjoy a few more frozen treats before we transition to apple pies and pumpkin-spice lattes. And who are we kidding: Is there really ever a wrong time to have ice cream?
This month’s recipe features bite-sized squares of chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Yes, you read that right. It’s decadent, creamy, and the perfect little indulgence for an afternoon or nighttime snack. Enjoy!
Servings: 64 pieces
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 pint strawberry ice cream
1 cup graham crackers, crushed
1 cup strawberries, chopped
7 ounces (2 bars) dark chocolate
Graham crackers, crushed
- In a large bowl, blend cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Mix in the ice cream and blend well.
- Add graham cracker crumbs and strawberries and mix into the ice cream.
- In a parchment-lined 9×9 pan, pour in the ice cream mixture and even out the surface.
- Freeze until solid, approximately 4-6 hours.
- Just before removing the ice cream from the freezer, melt the dark chocolate in a small bowl by microwaving 30 seconds at a time until smooth, stirring each time.
- Once ice cream is frozen, lift it from the pan using the parchment, then cut 8 rows across and 8 rows down to yield 64 pieces.
- Evenly coat each piece with the melted chocolate and immediately sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- Place back in the freezer for 30 min.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Share this article: