Mmmmm … burgers! There’s nothing like a juicy burger on a soft bun for a delectable summer meal.
Take your burger dinner to a healthier place by substituting beef with lean turkey, and give it a kick with a Southwestern twist from some spices that’ll dazzle your tastebuds!
You can also get your grill on with these burgers and avoid heating up the kitchen!
1 lb. ground turkey
⅓ c. red onion, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, minced
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1½ tsp. cumin
1 tsp. smoked paprika
2 tbsp. vegetable oil (for cooking)
Pepper jack cheese
½ c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. canned chilies in adobo
½ lime, juiced
- Place turkey, onion, jalapeño, and spices together in a large bowl and mix well.
- Dampen your hands and shape the turkey mixture into 4 circular patties.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook burgers for 2 minutes on the first side, then flip, lower heat to low, and cook them for an additional 5-6 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to check each patty for an internal temperature of at least 165°F before removing from pan.
- Assemble the burgers as desired with bun, lettuce, tomato, cheese, and preferred condiments.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Share this article: