One of the best holiday traditions is creating and indulging in your favorite holiday desserts. This Chocolate Peppermint Silk Pie will be a welcome addition to your lineup of classic family recipes. The cool peppermint flavor adds a festive holiday touch, combining flawlessly with the smooth, chocolatey filling. If you’re not a fan of peppermint, simply leave it out or substitute vanilla. Top off your pie with crushed peppermint candies and shaved chocolate for some lovely color and a minty crunch.
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 ½ c. water
- 1 pie crust, prepared
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 8 oz. chocolate, melted
- 8 tbsp. butter, cubed
- ½ c. whipped cream, plus more for garnish
- Shaved chocolate, for garnish
- ⅔ c. crushed peppermint candies, for garnish
Note: You’ll need a food thermometer to know when the eggs have reached the right temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium heat-proof bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric hand mixer until combined.
- Add the water to a small pot over low heat and rest the bowl on top. Continue to beat the egg mixture on low speed until it reaches 160˚F. Remove the bowl from the heat and stir as it cools.Lay a prepared pie crust in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Lay a sheet of parchment paper over crust and place 4 spoons or dried beans in the center to weigh down the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool.
- Add the peppermint extract and melted chocolate to the egg mixture. Stir until combined.
- Gradually beat in the butter until well combined.
- Gradually fold in the whipped cream until just incorporated.
- Carefully spoon the filling into the prepared pie crust and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped cream, shaved chocolate, and crushed peppermint candies.
Recipe provided by Tasty.
Share this article: