Buying and selling a home at the same time can feel pretty daunting, but it’s completely doable if you have the right team and know-how to guide you.
Here are some expert tips to help your home sell quickly and for a great price!
A professional will help you showcase your home.
- Get referrals from family, friends, and connections on your social media networks.
- Interview agents: Do they already know a buyer who might be a great fit for your home? Will they stage your house and hold open houses? Check up on their marketing methods and how many homes they’ve worked with in your area.
- Be sure your personalities click: you’ll be spending a lot of time together!
Make a great first impression.
- Clean up oil stains on the driveway.
- Give the front door and entryway a fresh coat of paint.
- Trim back trees and shrubs.
- Plant fresh flowers in beds or pots.
- Keep all toys and tools in the shed or garage.
Your agent should spearhead this for you. Make your home a blank canvas for buyers to project their own belongings upon.
- Declutter and put away personal items such as photos and knickknacks.
- If it’s feasible, repaint the rooms in neutral colors.
- Clean out closets and box items up.
- Clear off counters in kitchen and bathrooms.
- Make sure the home is spotlessly clean before each viewing.
- Store packed boxes neatly in the garage, shed, or attic. You may even want to consider renting a storage space until you move.
The right lighting can change a room’s whole look.
- Change any burned-out bulbs outside and inside.
- Use natural light as much as possible: open curtains, blinds, and doors.
- In the evening, put on lights throughout the house. Use both ambient and accent lighting.
- Light the fire if you have one.
Keep on top of things every day.
- You never know when you’ll get a call about a showing. By doing a light cleaning daily, clutter won’t be able to pile up.
- Contact your agent frequently to see how many people have seen your home and how many have requested to see it in the next week.
- Still on the market after a couple of weeks? Ask your agent about feedback they’ve received from buyers’ agents and consider re-staging your home.
Share this article: